Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy Birthday America

Nothing special going on here for the 4th of July.  We're not going to watch any fireworks, just stay home where it's nice and quiet.

We made some progress yesterday on our porch painting project.  Our porches here are wood and a pain in the butt to paint and maintain.  I never appreciated our aluminum pool cage in Tampa, until I had to start maintaining these wood porches. In the 30 years we had the aluminum screen porch, it never had to be painted, and the cool deck just needed to be hosed down with some Clorox every once in a while.  Anyway, we got the ceiling and sides painted.  Now we just need to do the floor, which now has some paint spots on it. :)  I think the floor will be the worst part.  We tried to pressure wash it, but our used 3 times, brand new pressure washer will not start. We've had it about 3 years, but haven't used it for a few years.  Al had run all the gas out of it the last time he used it, but in retrospect, he might have needed to drain the remaining gas from the bowl as well.  Anyway, that's another project to get it started. 

I started working on the July mowing of the pasture.  It usually takes a few days because I just can't mow that much grass all at once.  I got a bad case of  "mower butt" almost immediately and had to cut it short.  It seems that last winter when we put down the Allure flooring in the motor home, I did something to my Sciatic nerve and I have been having problems ever since. Riding that mower for too long at a time can be very painful. 


We had initially thought about going to see the new Twilight movie, Eclipse yesterday afternoon, but were too deep into painting, so I'll have to wait.  :(  We aren't big movie goers, and much prefer watching on our own TV from the comfort of our recliners. Once in a while there are movies we either want to see ASAP or prefer the big screen.  Eclipse is one of them!




1 comment:

  1. Be real careful with that sciatic nerve problem - it can be so painful. I'm with you - a movie in our own home always sounds so much more comfortable.

    Have a happy, safe 4th of July.

    Must be an age thing, I don't understand the "noise" thing or the wasted $$$ on noisy fireworks.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com