Thursday, March 15, 2012

Allure Ultra Installation

Zephyrhills, Florida  (high 85, low 61)

eric at re carpet your rv

Eric and his helper Dale arrived at 9am yesterday morning to replace our front carpeting with Allure Ultra vinyl flooring.  We chose “clear cherry” for our color.  This Allure flooring is different from the old style Allure with the glue tabs to hold them together.  These planks have a tongue and groove locking system and they are completely waterproof.  Not a bad idea on a motor home.

Allure is made of a heavy duty vinyl.  We chose this over a laminate because it won’t hurt it if it gets wet. 

Our motor home had carpeting in the front living area, then  ceramic tile in the middle area.  The rear bedroom area is carpeted.

We decided to just get the front carpeting replaced yesterday and when we get back from the Keys, have him do the bedroom area. 

A few days before the replacement, I started to get cold feet about Eric.  I had never actually seen his work.  I had only gotten information on him from the internet.  I e-mailed someone who had used him and was satisfied, but I started to wonder…was he as fussy as I am?

I decided I would just watch him like a hawk and make sure he did the work the way I wanted it done.

Once they started, it wasn’t long before I realized I wouldn’t need to worry.

Eric was very professional and did things right.  He was meticulous with everything he did, being careful not to damage anything in the process.

Eric worked like a dog all day, but always knew where and what his helper Dale was doing.  I liked that.

I relaxed after about 10 minutes.  I knew he’d be careful of our home and do the job the correct way.

Here is a “before” picture.

Monaco with carpet

We had already moved the recliner. You can see where it sat.  The carpet wasn’t in bad shape.  No bad wear or stains. 

He took out the captains chairs, the sofa, the cover around the steering wheel and the center console area up front.   The Allure went underneath things for the most part so very little trim was needed.

Monaco flooring replacement

 

Monaco flooring replacement

This next picture shows where he removed the center console.  

Monaco flooring replacement

The steering column taken apart.

Monaco flooring replacement

The prep work took hours.

Finally some Allure was down.

Monaco flooring replacement

We left the carpet underneath the couch.  No problem since it can’t be seen.  Eric said there are a issues trying to replace that carpet.

IMG_0662

Here is Baxter’s first look at the finished product.  He came running out and immediately slid down the floor.   Darn that new floor is slippery Mom!

Baxter on Monaco flooring replacement

The picture doesn’t show what the flooring actually looks like.  In person, those “stripes” are much more muted and there is not that much contrast.  It actually looks lighter.  I just couldn’t get the picture quite right.

The trim around the cabinets and everything was done perfectly.

Monaco flooring replacement

Monaco flooring replacement

Monaco flooring replacement

We’re happy with our new flooring and I would definitely recommend Eric.  He does not have a website (I told him he needed to get one).

He is based out of central Florida and will travel to you.  He doesn’t mind you being in the rv while he works.   If you want to use him, keep in mind he is just one person and is extremely busy during the winter months.  In fact he says he’s booked through April.  This week, he did another motor home Monday and Tuesday, ours Wednesday, and two more this week.

Here is his number:

Eric Baird   (352) 324-2894.   He can give you a rough estimate with a phone call, but to get an exact quote he wants to see your rv.

He installs vinyl, laminate or carpeting.

Some questions that some of you wanted me to ask him.

Yes, he can replace the carpeting on gassers “dog house.”

No, he doesn’t install heated flooring.  He said there are strips you get and you install the flooring over them.  He gets plenty of business just doing what he does and has no need to specialize.

He does NOT remove old ceramic tile.  

Eric and Dale worked  until 6:30 pm with no breaks or even lunch!

Let me tell you.   I was one tired girl when they left. Smile

35 comments:

  1. Looks like he does great work.

    Personally, I like a little carpet. I think it's more comfy on my feet!

    You missed one important detail. What did it cost?

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that floor and with hairy dogs that would be great for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin and Ruth
    $800

    Kenny and Angela
    Yes, hairy kitties too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and sounds like you did a good job of picking your installer. From 9 to 6:30 with no food at all. GOOD GRIEF! That's above and beyond.

    I'm one of the comfy carpet crowd but then I don't have pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floor looks GREAT!! It certainly looks like you found a jewel in those two guys. Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful flooring...wish we didn't have the Phaeton's heavy stone quarry tile flooring. It keeps loosening and makes "cracking" sounds on certain tiles, but we can't afford to change it out. We'll just live with it for now. He did a great job. I would be so nervous seeing all that stuff taken apart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's actually cheaper than I thought it would be. But, that's all the guy does so he is obviously pretty efficient at doing it. Would have taken me a week...and at least a case of beer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the new floor looks lovely!!..would be nerve wracking for me to see all the stuff taken apart but it looks like they did a great job!!!..easy clean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new flooring looks so beautiful. It's amazing that he could accomplish that in just a day.

    We took out our carpet and replaced it with laminate and have been so pleased. It is so easy to care for and seems so much cleaner.

    Enjoy your new floor and thanks for showing us the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a huge job. I was wondering how they were going to do that job. The floor looks gorgeous. We have talked about replacing our carpet but I want to keep it and Paul wants tile. I think that is why we haven't done anything at this point. ~whereseaver

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a huge job. I was wondering how they were going to do that job. The floor looks gorgeous. We have talked about replacing our carpet but I want to keep it and Paul wants tile. I think that is why we haven't done anything at this point. ~whereseaver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! Bet it looks even better in real life. I'll be interested to know how you will like the new Allure vs. the old Allure. I suspect the new one is better.

    Looks like they did an amazing job. That was a lot of work. I would have been so nervous watching them take things apart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job. And at a great price. Would have taken me a week too.
    I'm not in the "carpet crowd", since I find that carpet tends to hide a multitude of sins. The only place we have carpet in our house in on the landing, and that's only because the first set of steps isn't quite square. Nothing I could or would do about that.
    I never really liked it in our motorhome. But that's a moot point these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see a contractor do a careful, professional install. The only place we have carpet now is under the desk and sofa in the living area and in the bedroom; they will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, looks amazing! I bought the Allure that has the glue tabs because at the time that's all they had. It got too cold to install so I am installing ours this Spring.

    Eric did an amazing job, if he was in Illinois I'd be hitting him up!!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah, I love the floorplan of your rig!!!


    :)

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  17. karen it looks wonderful.....nothing nicer than getting rid of that carpet....we can't wait to get rid of ours...I'm going to looks and see if that flooring is available in canada...we were thinking fiber floor...we used that during our renos in the house last year and love it...ceramic is our other choice but I love the look of wood too...so now I'm stumped :).....good job

    ReplyDelete
  18. karen it looks wonderful.....nothing nicer than getting rid of that carpet....we can't wait to get rid of ours...I'm going to looks and see if that flooring is available in canada...we were thinking fiber floor...we used that during our renos in the house last year and love it...ceramic is our other choice but I love the look of wood too...so now I'm stumped :).....good job

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks great!!! And I'm amazed at the cost~really expected it to be more than that! Were you expecting them to take out all those things at the front? I would have freaked out in a major way, especially with no Hubs there to freak with me!!! I really lol'd at Baxter skidding into the room.... I can just see Mombi doing the same thing only at her speed she'd end up at the windshield!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks just wonderful, we have been looking at the same product. Has your slide made any marks on it? Our slide puts dents in the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful job. Thanks for posting all the progress photos. I'm impressed they actually took out the steering column to get a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Ours has half ceramic tile, from door back to bedroom, thru bath and in front of sink and stove, and the other half is a ucky gray carpet. Under sofa and table, basically where the slide is. I like the carpet there because when I get up at night my feet don't get cold. If I get leg cramps I have to walk them out and the carpet is more comfortable than the tile. I just wish it were a more attractive color. Oh well, I'm just happy to have an RV at all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just curious, how well does the slide work going in and out over the new flooring?

    Great work and an unbelievable price!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks like a great job at a great price! And you and Al didn't have to do it! Definitely worth it.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a beautiful new floor. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your new floor is beautiful! I have carpet and really like it, but if I DID make a change, I'd pick something like yours and put a pretty area rug on it during the cold weather.

    It looks so much cleaner and brighter, and I'll bet it's easier to keep clean, too. You guys are going to love it.

    I'm glad you found a professional installer - you just never know until they are done, and he sounds like he knew what he was doing and has pride in his work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The floor looks great! It will be so much easier to keep clean. I'm reading backwards on your blog today to catch up. I had to see how the floor turned out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. If you are struggling with connecting your hp deskjet 2652 printer with your Wifi, then you are the right place as here we have prepared a guide that will help you to connect your HP deskjet 2652 printer with wifi in the easiest way. Know about HP deskjet printer support.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This blog content is very good and i love you blogging Style and i would say you have to write more blogs like this. Thanks! If you are concerned about Roku link device process, you can get instant and step by step guidance. Our team is skilled and experienced in handling Roku related queries.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Having the latest maps on your Garmin device can be a great help to make your journey hassle-free. If you are facing any hinderance while updating your garmin express, then connect with garmin.com/express instantly. installing free Garmin Express Update Maps in just a few simple steps.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Presently cutting on the line doesn't infer that you won't observe live sports or any early evening shows. With FuboTv connect, you can undoubtedly watch huge loads of information channels, sports channel, and easy to use DVR abilities with entirely solid execution. The main feature you get by settling on FuboTv login is that it covers a few sports and classes all around the world. In this way, for all rope cutters looking for a portion of the wide assortment of sports, FuboTv connect is perhaps the most ideal choice. fubo.tv/Connect code

    ReplyDelete
  32. With the onset of the present pandemic, people are now seeking new possibilities to stay at home. Hence, getting to know about Fubo TV will be imperative. Although Fubo began its journey by promoting sports, especially soccer, now they cater channels of every sort; hence you need to opt for FuboTv Activate code to watch. fubotv/Connect

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com