Yesterday, Al resealed 2 windows on the motorhome. They had a bead of caulk around the upper portion of the window frame, and it had become cracked. When we did the new flooring, I noticed a couple spots by the window that I saw evidence of some water intrusion.
We went out at 5 pm and worked on 2 windows we were concerned about. The caulk we used is supposed to dry/cure for 3 hours and rain was on the way. Fortunately the rain held off the required 3 hours.
We are learning from reading the Rv-Net Forum, that there are many of these kinds of maintenance things that need to be done on a regular basis. A few months ago, we put Eternabond tape around all the openings on the roof of the MH. We kept getting leaks around the fan opening and the skylight. Al kept caulking them, but the caulk would crack from the heat/cold/sun, and we would get a leak. We found out about Eternabond from the forum and it has worked very well. I felt comfortable over the winter that we would have no leaks.