The buyers came by Friday morning, and seemed to really like the house and property. They are older than us, and believe it or not have been living in their motor home since February. I”m not exactly sure why, though.
They have a house and acreage in South Carolina, which they have listed for sale. She previously had a farm in Florida and he had one in Arkansas, so I would imagine they have some money. Hopefully if there are any problems with their loan they can throw some extra money down for a down payment. The FHA loan only requires a 3.5% down payment….surprisingly! I was able to find out that she is into gardening and he likes to feed the birds! Yea! They have 5 small dogs that they dearly love, so they are okay in my book. They still intend to travel in their motor home some.
I gave him strict instructions on how to keep snakes out of our Bluebird nests. I held back on telling him what kind of food the birds prefer :) Maybe later.
One other reason they liked our place is that we have an Rv space with electric, water and sewer. The water and septic tank were already on the property, but Al wanted to have the 50 amp electric hooked up. So that $150 we spent on the electric, may have sold the house for us!
Anyway, I think they are committed to buying the place and they are doing what they can to get the financing approved. We’re waiting for it to get out of underwriting so that an appraiser can come out.
Al got back home late Friday afternoon. He was tired, but had to immediately start preparing for the next garage sale. Poor Al…no rest.
Friday night they were predicting the potential for some severe storms and maybe tornado’s.
The storms weren’t due to hit until early morning, so we went to bed early and got a few hours sleep, then up at 3:30 am to monitor the situation. There were already numerous fatalities from this front, so we were a bit concerned. We were under a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm alert, but nothing much happened, thankfully.
My biggest concern regarding living full time in the motor home, is that I worry a lot about severe weather. So much so, that I insisted we install an underground tornado shelter on the property. It’s going to be a challenge for me. One thing we know is that we will not be heading north out of Florida during April. It’s too early and the spring tornado season way too active. Our travels will be directed to stay out of bad weather as much as we possibly can. I think Margie and Roger have the right idea this year…a June departure.
Our next problem was the garage sale Saturday morning. We only had 3 more week-ends (hopefully) and we can’t afford a washout. The weather cleared up quickly and we ended up having sunny skies for our sale. We made about $150 and got rid of a lot of stuff. Wouldn’t you think we would be about out of stuff by now? Well we aren’t!
This week, we intend to hit it hard (after morning coffee and internet). I’m going to see if I can’t get rid of my 3 sets of China (2 Noritake and 1 Sango) and the huge set of crystal glasses. This is good quality stuff, but I just don’t think people are into fine china and crystal anymore. It will be a monkey off my back when this is gone! Wish us luck!