Monday, April 11, 2011

A Lazy Day

Al made it to Cedar Key yesterday,  and he thought it might be a place we would enjoy.  I guess we will put it on our list for places we want to go. 

I sure hope everything goes as planned on the house sale.  I’m ready to be done with all this purging and selling.  I think after Saturday’s sale, it might be a good time to make a run to Good Will and the dump.

Yesterday was a lazy day for me.  I never intended to  do much and I didn’t!   I stumbled on the mini-series “The Kennedy’s” and ended up watching it off and on all day long.  I had heard about the series, but didn’t really have any interest in watching it.  I thought I’d heard about as much about the Kennedy’s as I ever needed to hear or see.   Surprisingly, it was very interesting.  It didn’t portray the family badly, but it did show some flaws, which by now everyone knows about anyway.  I thought Greg Kinnear did a wonderful job of portraying JFK and even looked a lot like him. 

Today will be spent doing some dreaded paperwork and cleaning up the yard. Hopefully the FHA appraiser will get here this week! 

The weather has been pretty hot and I’ve had to run the a/c most of the day.  Thankfully, it’s still cooling down in the evenings so I can have open windows. 

We have two Bluebird nests in the yard, and one is right beside the motor home.  We have a really good view of the comings and goings of mom and dad.  I think maybe the eggs are starting to hatch because I’ve seen more activity lately.  I’m going to watch for them both to leave and then take a peek inside….with camera handy.   Hopefully tomorrow, I’ll have some babies to show you!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have a relaxing day where you can actually just sit down and do nothing for a while. Hope you get pictures of the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been to Cedar Key... and enjoyed the quiet and non-cluttered area. Quite quaint. I know that Howard and Linda of RVDreams have been there numerous time if you want to search their blog.

    http://rv-dreams.typepad.com/rvdreams_journal/

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm holding my breath for that appraisal to come thru with flying colors. I have almost a year to go, but am ready to be done as well some days!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com