Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Delay

As expected, we have a delay on the house sale.

The financing was supposed to be complete by today, but the Realtor has requested an extension.  The underwriting is taking longer than expected.  I don’t know what that means.  We were concerned last week with all the talk of the federal government shutting down.  Maybe all that caused some delays.  I don’t imagine federal workers got much work done last week with all the talk of the shutdown.  Our Realtor says we’re still shooting for the May 6th closing date….but I have my doubts.

Yesterday morning,  I went out to check the Bluebird nest, expecting to find some newly hatched babies.  I was disappointed to find all the eggs were gone and there were no babies.  I don’t know what happened.  The male and female were busy at the nest yesterday morning going in and out, so I figured an egg had hatched.  I did notice them bringing in pine straw.  We have a baffle on the nest box to prevent snakes from getting in.  I checked it out and it looks secure.  I’m wondering if maybe the eggs weren’t viable and mom and dad removed them?  I know last year there were 5 eggs laid and only one hatched and they left those eggs in the box.  I sure hate to think a snake got them.  Al will have to do some work on the box in case that was the problem.  I sure felt bad about them.  I had looked forward to watching them from the comfort of the motor home.

The following are pictures of Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird.

Bluebird

Bluebird

I took a walk around the yard and took some pictures of all the pretty flowers.  I hope you like them.  Sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses!

Fringe Tree

Rose Bush

rose

Knock out Roses

IMG_3265

IMG_3266

IMG_3277

Primrose

Weiglia

IMG_3283

A few Gold Finch feeding.

Goldfinch

As I’m sitting here typing, I see the male Bluebird sitting on a branch looking in the window at me.  I guess he’s trying to tell me to put out some birdseed!  I don’t know if they will lay some more eggs in this nest box or go somewhere else.  We have 5 nest boxes and I believe the others are all full!

A squall line came through last night bringing some rain with a cold front. Our day time temperatures are going to be in the low 80’s instead of 90!   We’ll have some 40’s at night.  Perfect weather!

8 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the delay on the house!..but at least you had some time to get out and take some beautiful pictures of the flowers!!..nice job!!..looks like a pretty blue sky was the backdrop for your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope it's just a glitch and nothing too serious on the house sale.

    Beautiful flower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sorry to hear about the bird eggs! You sure take some lovely pictures.. and yes, we all have to take the time to stop and smell the roses!

    Your house closing will be done and over before you know it, and you will be happily chortling your way to the bank with your big fat check!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww sorry to hear about the bird eggs! You sure take some lovely pictures.. and yes, we all have to take the time to stop and smell the roses!

    Your house closing will be done and over before you know it, and you will be happily chortling your way to the bank with your big fat check!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific flower pix. Interesting as to what may have happened to the bird eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such beautiful flowers in your yard. And Birds! Sorry about the eggs. Could there have been a cat or other birds that got the eggs?

    There is always a glitch when buying/selling a house. I've never had one go completely smoothly, but they did ALL end up closing. Yours will, too. It's always a tense stime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets hope these are just routine delays and the closing will go ahead without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting is always difficult. Waiting for the house to close is like being in limbo. Did the appraiser come?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com