Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thanks for the Comments

Lutz, Florida  (high 88, low 70)

Al made it home yesterday with a full load of our “treasures.”  He got the Georgia storage building completely emptied.   We have officially cut our ties to Georgia!  We will work on getting it all put into the storage building here in Tampa later today.  He was too tired when he got home yesterday.   I wish we didn’t have to have a storage building.  It is a monthly expense we could live without.  However, we have too many toys and not a big enough motorhome.  Smile  It’s nice to be able to store things like scuba gear in the shed and only pull it out when we’re somewhere we will need it.  We still have too many tools and some home maintenance items that we want to keep since we still do actually have a house here in Tampa.

 

This morning we are going to take a drive to downtown Tampa.  Kevin and Ruth posted some pictures recently of a kayak trip with the Chicago skyline in the background.   It reminded me that I have always wanted to do the same in Tampa.  The Hillsborough River runs right through downtown Tampa and I should be able to get some nice shots of the Tampa skyline in the background behind the river.  It would be lovely at sunset.  We’re going there today and scout out the area  for a future trip and see where we could launch the Sea Eagles.

So…..thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on my blog changes yesterday.  I didn’t realize the background for the comments was the darker green.  Evidently that’s the background on the template I chose and there is no changing just the comment section,  unless you change the main background.  I’ll work on it later. 

I could not change the font to white unless I did the same on the posting part.  That would have left the main blog with light font on a light background.  That would also  be hard to read.    I need to work on it and will do so when I get a chance.  In the meantime….sorry.

Now, as far as the large header picture.  I didn’t realize my header pictures loaded slowly.  They don’t on my system.    I don’t want to eliminate that photo.  I like having a “showcase” photo.   I guess I could try resizing the photo to help make it load quicker??   I’ll let you know when I make those changes and you can tell me how it works out.

My thinking about the weather widget is:

1.   I don’t always think to check for one when I’m reading a certain blog.   Also, I often go back on old posts on blogs that have particularly good info and photos.  Unfortunately that weather widget is where they are now and what their current temperature is.   I might want to check out how their weather was last winter when they were in Arizona, and all I get is their current location and weather.    It’s just my preference, and certainly everyone can make their blogs the way the want to.  I just find it helpful to have a location and temperature.  After all, I am always scouting good places to go!

13 comments:

  1. I bet there's a way to change the color of the comment section if you switched over to HTML code but haven't a clue how that would work. If this is a template, there might be a way to change it by fiddling with the settings? You've probably already checked that. I don't know how to keep the weather where the blog was written. That is a really annoying part of Blogger. You change the weather widget to where you are now, and it changes through the entire blog, it isn't for the current post and going forward. arrrggghhh! I like the way you have your weather inserted in the blog at the first line. That takes care of that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed seeing the Tampa and St. Petersburg skylines from the E.G.Simmons park this past winter. I kinda like the Tampa area although it gets a bit hot during the summer.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your pictures of Tampa. We love that part of Florida!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie is correct if you look at the html code you'll see something like #088A29 (depending on the color) to change the color to white you change it to #FFFFFF if you go to http://html-color-codes.info/ you can see all the colors. You should be able to look through the code and change the area - trial and error works - But before you save, verify - because if you change white text on white background welll.. just if you wanted to know..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way - I see the colors fine on mine and text is easily readable, and it loads fine as well - I do have a fast internet connection, color problems may also be based on the individual computers looking at it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the suggestions.... Not sure if I should risk it though. I'll just cobb it up more!

      Delete
  5. Scuba gear would be pretty hard to tote around full time unless your toad could serve as a garage like some folks do....hmmm that would be us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry...we have two "garages" and still not enough room!

      Delete
  6. "However, we have too many toys and not a big enough motorhome."

    Ain't it the truth! We are learning that space disappears rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures of Tampa from the Hillsborough River would be awesome! Lowry Park is a good spot to put in-at least it used to be a few years ago when we lived just outside of Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about that. Wouldn't that be a pretty far paddle though?

      Delete
  8. Just a suggestion - I think your margins may be off a little in your new blog format. The middle text section seems to be narrow and there is an unused margin on the left. You might try experimenting in the layout section of your template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I have it all cobbed up. I'm still working on it.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com