Monday, May 14, 2012

Nature’s Way

Lutz, Florida   (high 85, low 71)

We spent Mothers Day at Mom’s house.  Al was still feeling pretty rotten, so we decided to take her out another day.  She understood.  We had a nice visit and then went back home.  We plan to take her to Homosassa Springs, but not until Al is feeling better.

Our Florida Sandhill Crane family is smaller today.  Yesterday, apparently,  Mom and Dad flew the coop and left the youngsters to fend for themselves.  At least that’s what we think happened.  The poor babies seem lost.  On Saturday, Mom and Dad were doting on them, finding them bugs and standing guard while they napped.  On Sunday, they were left by themselves.   They appear lost.  I guess it’s natures way, but it’s kind of sad. 

After a dreary, cloudy day yesterday, the sun is finally back out.  It sure helps the mood when it’s sunny outside.   The predicted heavy rain never got here.  We could have used some rain.

I got an email today, with a tip on tick removal.  I don’t know if it works or not, but I thought I’d post it here.  It’s coming into tick season, so I’m sure someone will find a tick on themselves or their dogs.

 

Tick Removal

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick  with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few  seconds (15-20); the tick will come out on its own and  be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.

6 comments:

  1. I got the same email. What a great idea. But hope I won't ever have to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a little early for the colts to be on their own. I wonder what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had to remove many ticks off the dogs when in Mexico. This sounds easy. I will be sure to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the easiest sounding tick removal method I've seen. I, too, hope I never need it. At least Katie is light colored with short hair, so I'd see the tick easily enough. They are the ugliest critters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the 'tick tip'! Hope Al is back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know about the tick removal!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com