Monday, April 16, 2012

Off to Key West

Florida Keys-Sunshine Key Rv Park (high 82, low 74) breezy

It was still very breezy yesterday, although not like it was on Saturday.  We mostly hung around the house.

We visited with our neighbors John and Janet.  They’ve been coming to the Keys every winter for the past 11 years.  They enjoy going into Key West and experiencing the night life.  It gets wild and crazy down there after dark….and I saw the pictures to prove it.   There are body painters that will paint a naked body making it look exactly like they have clothes on…..but really they don’t, and apparently it’s legal to walk around butt nekked as long as you have on  a thick coat of paint.  Smile  I don’t believe every night in Key West is like that, but they have a certain festivals where it gets pretty wild.

Anyway….we’re going to Key West today, but will be leaving before dark….so no nekked pictures tomorrow!   We’re going to take a tour trolley and learn a little about the history of the island.  There is a huge cruise ship,  The Freedom, that will be in port and also I believe there is also going to be a Navy shop.

5 comments:

  1. I never knew if it is butt nekked or buck nekked, thanks for clearing it up for me! Although the result is the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got covered with paint when we were getting the house ready to sell.

    Wish I knew that I could have just done my painting buck naked so I wouldn't have ruined all those clothes... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do your friends stay the entire winter at the RV park where you guys are? Being in the Keys all winter sounds so expensive to me but would be really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been covered in paint before but never naked!! What a horrible thought..YUK!!
    You guys have fun exploring in the daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont worry..thats only during Fantasy Fest in October. Key West is awesome at night. Great restsurants & bars, excellent seafood, cuban food, and the tacky Duval Street scene. Check out the Sloppy Joes webcams and youll see its much like any tourist town.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com