Tuesday, February 02, 2010

RV Remodel Begins…

We finally got brave enough to start tearing out the carpet in the motor home.   We got the carpet up in the bedroom with no real problems. The bedroom slide  shouldn’t have any problems on the new Allure Flooring.  The vinyl from the kitchen and bathroom extended about a foot into the bedroom, so we’ll have to lay something down to make sure it’s level.  Shouldn’t be a problem.  The biggest problem was removing the staples, and getting up and down from the floor!  It’s so much harder getting up and down off of the floor than it used to be :).  We decided not to kill ourselves and  just do a little each day. 
My biggest problem now, is I still haven’t decided on what color of flooring I want.  I don’t want it too dark for fear of making the RV too dark and dreary.
Our cabinets are an oak color and there is a nice oak color flooring that is real similar.  I am afraid it will be too much oak and not enough contrast.  There is another one that is a ceramic tile look.  I saw some photos someone had done that has the same cabinets I do and it looked beautiful, but can’t seem to locate the pictures now.
Tomorrow is another day. I’m getting anxious now to start laying the floor…..if I could just decide on the color!

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the color of Allure we had, but I was very happy with it. The cabinets in Ms"B"Haven were light and the "tile look" we had went very well with them. It didn't show dirt much either.

    You're in for a lot of work, but you will be so happy to see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com