We finally got the call yesterday that the appraiser was coming out. He was an older gentleman and his wife came with him. She kept reminding him to look at certain things. I had to remind him twice to take a measurement of the front porch. He was a little absent minded :) I didn’t know what to expect, but assumed he would look carefully at the house to make sure it wasn’t falling down or in need of major repairs. He took a few photos and that was about it. I walked around with him though to make sure he was aware of all the “amenities.” The issue right now is that it won’t appraise for the amount we have the contract for. If it doesn’t we’ll have to go to plan “b”….and I don’t know what it is yet.
We felt good that one more step has been completed, however we won’t know anything concrete for several days. We are starting to think a little more of our future, but of course aren’t making any firm plans just yet. We still have a LOT to do.
We’ve hesitated on selling our Honda Crv until we were sure the house would sell, but now we’re thinking that it would be nice to be rid of it before we leave. We had initially thought about using it for our toad, but have decided to keep the Nissan truck, because we need the room to haul kayaks. I love my little Honda and am going to hate to sell it, but I hate worse having to follow behind Al and the motorhome from one destination to the other.
We’re expecting another hot and humid day today. It was stifling yesterday afternoon. We need to get started earlier in the morning, but I just hate giving up my blog reading, coffee drinking time!