Sunday, March 13, 2011

Isn't Technology Wonderful?

This is my first post on my (Al's) new iPad, while driving down the highway. I still love my Droid, but this is much easier to type!

I understand their is a program for iPad, that will allow you to verbally dictate your text like the Droid, but the one I found called Dragon, won't load for whatever reason. Anyway, I am sitting here with the iPad in my lap, the Droid right next to me, the gps on the window, the TST tire pressure monitoring system in front of me, and my camera and laptop on the floor...just in case! It might be a god thing for me to have these toys because if I pay attention to the road I get nervous! A distraction is good...for both of us! This part of highway 60 is just 2 lanes and is a little nerve-racking.

We got ready to go and gassed up in just under 3 hours, which is good time for us. I know Margie brags :) that they can be ready to go in 15 minutes...but I sure don't think we will ever be that fast.

We have been trying to figure out just how we will get our house emptied out in a few short weeks. I think once we get back home and start to face all the crap we still have, it will be overwhelming. I guess like others before us, we will get it done. In some ways living in the rv the past three months makes me realize I don't care about or need all the stuff we left behind. We have decided we will probably rent a shed for a while. It will hold the things we can't sell until the last minute. We won't sell the utility trailer, golf cart or riding mower until the deal is finalized. A shed will take some pressure off if we know we don't have to make all the decisions right away, and paperwork and pictures can be done once the things we need to get rid of are gone. Anyway, that's the thought for now. We are just hoping the house sale goes through, but we won't be shocked if it doesn't.


10 comments:

  1. So you are on your way back to GA huh ? Be safe and good luck finalizing the sale. Yeh, you'll work hard 'til then, but just think, after that-you're on a lifetime vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerr and Barbie
    No not back to Georgia for another week. Al has some business he needs to do first. We are heading back to Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your toys!! I am sooooo sold on the getting either the Ipad or the Zoom. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We kept a shed for a year full of stuff and after that first year knew we didn't want or need anything in it and got rid of it. I just needed that security of having it there just in case. I'm sure hoping the sale goes through for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the pack up )out) and the closing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure know what you mean about the "stuff" looking less and less appealing the more time you spend in your RV.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've got enough techie tools to avoid getting lost on the way home. Good luck with beginning to get rid of all that stuff. I hate even thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, did I forget to mention that I can get ready in 15 minutes because I stayed up late the night before to get everything put in its place?

    Sounds like you are beginning to like the iPad. I had decided to forget about getting one; guess I'll stay tuned to your blog to keep getting updates.

    I like the idea of a storage shed. We had a lot of our furniture in one for several months. I just couldn't give it away like a garage sale item/price. In time, it was all gone and now it's behind us. We still have a few boxes of family photos etc. at homes of our relatives. We, too, kept the lawn mower and golf cart until the end.

    Am anxious to hear (i.e read) about your thoughts about getting another motorhome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound very calm about it. I think the time away has given you a better prospective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there, it will all get done. Plan for some real down time once you get everything done. We really took it easy for the first couple months out. Did a lot of hanging out in the trailer and just kickin' back. It is a crazy time but it will all be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com