A guy that came by last week-end and said he wanted the freezer but couldn’t pick it up until this week. Since we know how that usually goes, I didn’t think we’d see him again.
He surprised me and called to make arrangements to pick it and the fireplace set up yesterday afternoon.
I moved what was left in the big freezer to the freezer on the refrigerator, but didn’t have room for the big jug of frozen margaritas. Since I’m not one to waste things… I had to drink it before it melted! Not really, I only had one, and that one margarita made me sleepy!
So he took the freezer and fireplace tools, so I’m counting that in with last weeks moving sale, so we now have a grand total $266.
Al had a guy come look at the boat but so far no sale.
We took a truck load of trash to the dump and another truck load to Goodwill. I said last week we needed to get rid of 1/6 of all our stuff at last weeks garage sale. We are getting to the point where we are deciding the value of the items and if the potential sale is worth the trouble. If not, they are going to the dump or Goodwill and won’t have to be handled again.
I went through my drawers and tossed a bunch of stuff and the closets. I’m going to put a rack of hanging clothes at the sale for $1.00. Those will be the better things…the others are going to Goodwill. If I can’t sell these things for $1.00 then I give up!
I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and I need to take Squeaky to the vet. She is due for some more bloodwork testing to make sure her liver function is still good. She also has a swollen lymph node in her jaw/neck area so I’m wondering what’s going on there. She still doesn’t quite seem back to normal.
Thanks for all the suggestions on how to get rid of our stuff. I have thought about an estate sale, but have wondered if we’d make any money ourselves. There is a guy in town who does that, so maybe it’ll be something to consider for the remaining items.
I’m feeling a little better about our progress, but of course it’s early. I’m sure the closer we get to the end, the less confident I will be.
We’re waiting for the appraiser for FHA . This could be where we hit a snag. He may require us to do certain things that will cost us money. If the house doesn’t meet their qualifications, they won’t give the loan. Hopefully this will happen this week.