Monday, February 28, 2011

Decision Day

Well today is the last day of the month so we have a few decisions to make.

The first one is whether or not we will head over to Vero Beach. Our reservation starts tomorrow.  I need to discuss this with Squeaky’s doctor first.  We don’t want to jeopardize her recovery. She seems to be improving and played a little last night.  She is not sleeping with us though and is not “talking” much.  She is named Squeaky because she “talks” all the time normally.   She is eating real well, but I think a lot of that may be from the Prednisone she is taking.  From what I’ve read, frequent meals are very important to help to heal the liver.  She’s cooperating and eating just about everything in sight.  She’s on a prescription food so I have to make sure she doesn’t eat anything else.  She still isn’t quite acting like her normal self though, so I guess we’ll talk to the doctor later this morning, and then make our decision.  He may want to test the bilirubin count again.

Our second decision is about the Sea Eagle kayaks.  They have a $50 price (each) increase starting tomorrow.  Inflatable Boats 4 Less are also offering a 5% discount which ends today.  We could save almost $100 a boat if we buy today.  We had hoped to be able to try them our first, but it looks like we won’t be able to do that.  The Fast Track 385 is a fairly new model, and more expensive than the 330 or 370 models, so there aren’t as many of them around. 

We have definitely decided that the inflatable kayaks will be much more convenient for our future full timing life style.  They will free up more room in the truck for other things.  They weigh about half of what we currently have and they store in a compact little bag.  Right now, our kayaks are sitting on the ground beside the motor home.  If we happen to pass by a kayaking place, they aren’t with us.  The new ones will always be with us…just in case. 

I was going through some old pics and came across these of the spring Wisteria blooms from last year.  They usually bloom the end of March into the first part of April.  I hear things are blooming early this year because it’s been so warm.  We definitely want to be back home to see the Wisteria bloom.  The blooms are beautiful but the fragrance is wonderful as well.  Although we’re not anxious to get home, we do look forward to the spring bloom!




  1. I hope your kitties continue on thier path to recovery and you can hit the road soon... I wonder if those inflatable kayaks ever get holes in them from the bottom of rivers or beaches... We are looking at kayaks and I am curious about your decision since I know you guys do research on things... your photos are beautiful...
    Have fun & travel safe

  2. Sounds like you're ready to pull the trigger on the kayaks so it's only the move to Vero Beach that's the big question mark now.

    Glad to hear Squeaky is still improving and I hope she gets a good report from the vet so you can move on.

  3. Just catching up on my blog reading. After todays I had to go back and read what was happening with the kitties. I so hope Squeaky turns around soon. I hope you enjoy your new kayaks too. We have the 370 and love it even though haven't used it much lately.

  4. Craig wanted to name our daughter Wisteria.vvNot being familiar with the beauty of the flower, I was not in favor of it. It was our first really big fight. I imagined her being called Wisty and it sounded like a stripper to me!

    She was named Deidre, also his chioce, and is a PHD Bio engineer scientist.

  5. I have a friend and her husband who live in Vero Beach and absolutely loves it there. From the pictures she's shared, it is beautiful. I've not been there myself. My family and I lived in Tampa for 3 years and 1 year in Seffner, Fla.. back in the late 70's.. We're now Okies..

    Hope your kitties continue to get better..



Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to