Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scuba Gear for Sale?

Maybe not!  Al pulled out all of our scuba gear and we went through it all.  I even tried on my old Buoyancy compensator.....it felt good to have it on, kind of like an old friend.  We haven't been diving for probably 10 years but we still intend to do some more diving before we're too old to lift a tank!  It's just not as convenient now that we don't own a dive boat.

What brought this on is a friend is interested in buying some of our dive gear for her husband.  Al is willing to sell a speargun and I have a dive computer that I had actually forgotten about.  I turned it on and it started right up and reminded me how user friendly it was.  Do I want to sell it?  Probably not.  It's small, doesn't weigh much and is very expensive to replace, so I would probably never buy another one.  Someday soon, I hope we can get back to diving.

I think we will get rid of some of the stuff though...like those old wetsuits that must have shrunk.  I hate diving in a wetsuit anyway.  We will need this stuff when we get a chance to dive again, but where will we put it?   The Geeks on Tour do a lot of diving when they winter in Fort Lauderdale and they find room for it, so I guess we will too.

It's going to be difficult to put all of our toys into one 32 foot motorhome! 



4 comments:

  1. Gee, that's amazing, I wouldn't have thought a wet suit would shrink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had always thought about trying out scuba diving sometime. Sounds like fun!



    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had always thought about trying out scuba diving sometime. Sounds like fun!



    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a nice post on scuba gear. If you are looking for top-quality scuba gear products then Divers Supply will be your best pick. They offer the best service along with new and used scuba gear. The new and used products they offer are of top grade and of high quality which differs from any other of the market. Purchase new or used scuba diving equipment with them to make your diving experience better.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com