Wesley Chapel, Florida (high 93, low 72)
Blue Box Base Plate
When we had the Blue Ox Base Plate re-installed back on our truck, we paid the $400+ bill, not really expecting to get our money refunded from the company that originally did the installation.
The bracket that was attached to our Nissan truck was coming loose, which could have caused us to lose the truck while towing it behind the motor home. Thank God that Al found the problem. In case you missed it, you can read about it here.
After we had the bracket properly installed at Rv Medic here in Tampa, Al called Rentz Trailers to tell them of the problem. They told us to bring the truck and receipt and they would take a look. It’s about a 45 minute trip over there and we had a lot of other things on our plate. We really didn’t have the time for a wasted trip (like we thought it would be), but we drove over there first thing Monday morning.
We spoke to Joe, who is the owner. He is the one we had problems with before. We had some problems with bad work and when we complained, he was rude. We were not looking forward to dealing with him again.
Rv Medic gave us a receipt detailing the problems they found, along with the bolts that had no sign of having any of the required RED Lock tight on them.
Joe took a few minutes to read the receipt. We reminded him of the other problems we had last year, and that there was a trainee working on our truck. The trainer was supposed to have been checking the trainee’s work. Obviously, he didn’t.
Joe looked kind of sheepish, apologized and without question, proceeded to write us a check for the entire mount of the repair at Rv Medic. He kept the bolts so that he could show to the guy who was doing the training last year. I suggested they go back in their records and see who else had base plates installed, as they should probably be notified.
Score one for the good guys!
We asked Joe if they could do an inspection on the driveshaft disconnect that they also installed. He said sure, but he couldn’t get to it right now. They were short two mechanics and already had cars on the two lifts they had.
Now, if it had of been my business, I would probably have taken one of those other vehicles off the lift and checked ours out. He said we could bring it back another day and they would schedule an appointment. No thanks.
So….would we use them again. Probably not. Now that we have used Rv Medic, we trust them and like the way they do business.
Washing Machine Repair
Tim of Stratton Rv Service called Monday afternoon to say he could come to fix our leaking washing machine in about 20 minutes. We had to rush to get the kitties in their cages, and empty the closet so he would have room to work.
He ran an empty wash cycle to see where the leak was coming from, and don’t you know it, the machine didn’t leak a drop! We told him where we thought the leak was coming from and he found a loose hose. He tightened that, thinking that would solve the problem. Of course even that little job was very difficult given the small working area you have.
After he left, I put some clothes in to wash and guess what? Yep….it leaked.
Tim came back again Tuesday afternoon. Again, the kitties had to go in their cages and I had to take everything out of the closet so that he could work. You Rv people know how much stuff we have in our closets, don’t you? Yikes!
This time we put some clothes in the machine and that seemed to do the trick and we again had a leak. He decided to change out the water pump. You have to be a contortionist to do that job.
He left without payment again, because he’s waiting for the extended warranty company to authorize how much they will pay.
I think it still might have a small leak though. I saw some water last night. I’m hoping it is some leftover water that didn’t all drain out, but I suspect we still have a problem.
I will probably be seeing Tim again today….and emptying the closet out again!
When Tim removed the washer, and disconnected the dryer vent. It was full of lint. I try to stick my hand in the outside vent to clean out the lint, but I could never my hand in far enough. I guess we will need to do a better job of cleaning the dryer vent because that could sure be a fire hazard. Either we will purchase a little hose that I can attach to the vacuum that will fit inside the vent, or Al will have to disconnect the vent occasionally to clean it out.
More on our other news later, as this blog is already too wordy.