Saturday, October 27, 2012

Storms and Sinus Surgery

Wesley Chapel, Florida  (high 80, low 60)

Al had his sinus surgery yesterday, and  got through it okay.   We got to the surgery center at 7am and didn’t get home until about 4:30.  It was a very long day.    My favorite way to spend a day is NOT in a hospital waiting room.

He woke up from the surgery in a good deal of pain.  The nurse gave him a pain pill and it helped.   We had already picked up a prescription for pain meds, so we kept the pain pills going throughout the night.    He is not having any pain this morning.   He was extremely wobbly all day yesterday and  I was worried he would fall.  I don’t recall him being like that after any other surgery.    He’s okay this morning and in no pain.  He just has to be careful not to bend over or lift anything heavy.   He thinks that means I should wait on him hand and foot.    Smile   He will have to take it easy for about a week.      I already had to remind him no heavy lifting…he just walked out carrying Baxter.  

 

Hurricane Sandy skirted the east coast of Florida yesterday. We’re on the west coast so all we got were some gusty winds.  This morning the winds have lightened up and we awoke to a pretty red sky.  The old saying held true ….red sky at night, sailors delight….red sky in morning, sailor take warning.

Hurricane season ends November 30th.  I sure hope Sandy is the last one we see this year.  October frequently heats up and then it winds down in November.   We want to go to the Keys, but don’t want to be there worrying about a hurricane.

20 comments:

  1. With the Sinus cavitiy being so close to the Inner ear his balance will be off for a few days. I had major work done in 94 but never regretted it. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That makes perfect sense. I think the doctor should have mentioned that because he almost fell when they were trying to get him into the wheelchair.

      Delete
  2. So glad Al is feeling better today. Falling is not a good thing especially as we get older. (Just ask me I know). And since he feels good you really are going to have to keep him in line so he doesn't over do it. Good luck. Glad the storm passed you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. had a deviated septum fixed so I can sympathized with him... it isn't a real fun recovery... and there is great relief when the packing material up your nose is eradicated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No packing on this surgery. The doctor said they don't always do that anymore. I imagine that would have been pretty miserable.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad the surgery went well and Al is feeling better today and no pain. The best thing about surgery, other than taking care of the problem, is that after a while we forget how awful we felt afterwards. I hope he will relax and just recuperate.

    I remember you running from some weather last year. Nice to be able to stay where you are this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, except that the last time we ran away from the weather we ended up in beautiful North Carolina....kinda wish I was back :)

      Delete
  5. Good thing you don't have to be moving away from Sandy. Hope Al is feeling better soon. I bet you really don't mind taking good care of him :`)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I really don't mind...but I much prefer him taking care of me....like normal. :)

      Delete
  6. Glad Al is doing much better today. Doesn't matter the nature of the surgery, they should all be taken very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up. Glad the hurricane moved on. Ouch on Al's surgery, glad he's feeling better, surgery is never fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're doing great in Raleigh, no rain so far just a nice breeze. We may get more tomorrow, but not expecting much. I'm glad the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Al expects you to wait on him hand and foot?

    I thought you already did that... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having had a few surgeries myself, I think a week or so of special care would do him a world of good! You are welcome, Al :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to read that Al's surgery went OK. It sure shouldn't be lifting "fat cat" Baxter, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give Al my sincere sympathy on his sinus surgery. That blows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you kind of know how he is feeling, huh?

      Delete
  13. Hope the surgery helps for future sinusitis bouts, maybe there won't be any! Hope the dizziness disappears soon for Al...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear Al's surgery went well even though he ended up a bit 'doozy'. Nice to have that Hurricane blow by you guys without any problems!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We now have the winds buffeting us. And looking at your temperature, I'd love to be down there.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com