Monday, November 29, 2010

Appointments & Preparations for Florida

We've been trying to finish up with doctor, dentist and eye doctor appointments before we head south.  There is a lot more to do for a long trip verses our normal short camping trips.  I plan to bring a lot of the things I will have in the motor home once we become fulltimers, plus clothing for both winter and summer weather. That's the trouble with Florida in the winter.  It can be hot one day and cold the next.  I've been working on a checklist, but it's a bit too early to put some things into the motor home.

We're getting anxious to head south, but still don't know if our "prospect" is going to come through or not.  The last we heard we might be getting an offer on the house on Tuesday (tomorrow).  We're sure not counting on anything, but it's still in the back of our minds.  Of course a contract on the house would completely change our plans.  We're anxious to get to Florida and have some fun!  We haven't done much fun lately and Al and I like to play!

For right now, we're going on the assumption that we are heading south on December 9th.  We still have a gap as far as a place to stay from the 11th through the 19th.  I had looked into a few possibilities, but decided not to reserve anything  until after Tuesday, just in case.  Of course that probably has jinxed us!

I always like to comment on things that I find that I really like, so here's another one.  Have any of you watched the tv show "Glee?"  We had heard about it and it's quite popular and has won numerous awards.  We got the first few episodes from season one from Netflix and are hooked..  It's about a high school glee club. Sounds boring, but it's really very good. They sing and dance and are amazing!

Here's a video clip of one of my favorite songs.  I don't know how they made this video, but I thought it was pretty good.



Today, we plan to clean house, start preparing and packing the motor home, and prepare for a house showing, or a sale!  Phew!


1 comment:

  1. No 'Glee' in watching Glee for me! I watched part of one show and didn't make it past the 2nd commercial. It's pretty popular though.

    Good luck with the house prospect tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com