Sunday, October 03, 2010

Okefenokee Swamp

Our plan for today is to do something fun!

We've been working so hard trying to get the house ready to put up for sale, and purging our stuff, that we haven't done anything fun for quite a while.  Of course the high temperatures have kind of put a damper on anything we like to do.

The temperatures have dropped and the weather has been extremely nice the past few days.  We're only getting into the low 80's during the day and upper 50's at night :)  Next week we may see some 40's.

The garage sale yesterday was pretty successful.  We made over $200 and sold a lot of stuff.  We don't have any expensive things for sale and I think the most expensive item was $12, so we were happy.  We had a lot of people so the time passed quickly.  I gave some silk flowers to a lady who wanted to put them on her 33 year old son's grave, and some Christmas items to some cute kids, some clothing to a poor Mexican lady.  Other items I nearly gave away  for very cheap prices. Hey, it saved me a trip to Goodwill!  Some of these people need these items more than I do.  There are a lot of Mexican people here, farm and nursery workers probably.  I'm not sure how many of them are here legally, but they are people and have needs too, so I have been giving some stuff to them.

Tomorrow we're going to get on the road early, and head east towards Valdosta, Georgia.  Al wants to stop at Sam's club and then we're going to head to the Okefenokee Swamp through the Fargo, Georgia entrance.  It's a pretty cool place with the biggest alligators I've ever seen.   No, we're not bringing the kayaks!  That is one place I refuse to kayak!

My Droid is still sitting all by itself in Tallahassee with no one to play with it.  I sure hate that it's not in my hands!  Monday will be the day...and it darn sure better be EARLY!  I am not a patient person!!


6 comments:

  1. Glad your garage sale was a success. How good of you to give some of that stuff away to others who really need it. We need more people like you in this world. If everyone could be like that what a great place the world would be!

    Have fun at the swamp today.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to kayak in an alligator infested swamp! Glad to hear the garage sale was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like yu did very well with this Garage sale. Giving things to people who need them is good for your karma!

    I'm looking forward to the day when our house is on the market and we can go and have some fun. Maybe I won't wait that long!

    Feeling down today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a little alligator or two among friends? There were times when we were in Florida last year that we saw alligators walking on the road and I wasn't sure the car was safe enough let alone a kayak.

    Great sale. Every little bit really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We drove through that swamp one time, and I don't think we would want to kayak in there either.

    Kinda gave me the willies!

    Hope your droid comes soon--- I mailed a laptop to a fellow camping buddy, and it left wisconsin, went to iowa, then to georgia and sat there for 2 days and then back north again to tennessee. Go figger!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We drove through that swamp one time, and I don't think we would want to kayak in there either.

    Kinda gave me the willies!

    Hope your droid comes soon--- I mailed a laptop to a fellow camping buddy, and it left wisconsin, went to iowa, then to georgia and sat there for 2 days and then back north again to tennessee. Go figger!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com