Sunday, October 10, 2010

Perfect Fall Weather

It's another beautiful day here in Georgia, but for some reason it's foggy.

I was sitting here drinking my coffee this morning and saw a fox passing by.   I love to see wildlife.  Of course we have tons of birds hitting all of our bird feeders.  Al takes very good care of birds.  I think we need to cut back on the feeding because when we leave in December. I don't want them to starve when we leave and the food supply stops.   I think it's best to cut back on their food gradually, rather than all at once.

I'm having problems with my Droid tethering feature.  Initially I had some trouble getting the Pda net program to install on my computer.  Pda net is a program that you can install that allows tethering from the phone to the computer. You have to install it both on the phone and the computer.  Initially it wouldn't install to the laptop because it couldn't find the correct drivers.  All of a sudden the drivers were found and it installed.  I don't know why or how, but it worked perfectly.  Then the other day, I was on the computer through the Droid (tethering) and I lost my internet access.  I don't know what happened, I wasn't doing anything that should have changed anything.

So now I'm getting the same message that the drivers cannot be found.  I'm thinking my phone did some kind of upgrade, but I really don't know.  I'm not good at this type of thing, and I haven't been able to get it working again.

There are some Droid forums online that I've looked at but they are so far above my head that I have no clue what they are talking about for the most part.

 I'm not too worried, as long as I get it working before we head south,  I'm okay. As long as my home internet works, I'm okay.

If any of you Droid owners have any suggestions, please let me know.  Rick...you need to go ahead and buy a Droid so you can help me :)

Today is football for Al.  The Bucs will be televised so he intends to tivo it and watch it later.  The grass has stopped growing, mainly because of the drought, so nothing needs to be mowed!  It's been a long time since I've been able to say that!


2 comments:

  1. Not having a Droid, I'm not really familiar with the tethering process Pda uses. But, generally, since you mentioned you did have 'some' problems installing the software on the laptop, and it seems to be telling you there is a driver problem, I'd probably go back to square one.

    By that, I mean use Windows to uninstall the Pda application from your laptop. Go to the Pda site and download the application again and any drivers associated with it, if necessary.

    Then reinstall the software on your laptop to make sure you get a clean install.

    Doing this will at least eliminate the possibility that something went wrong the first time or that a driver(s) may not have installed correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I just recently found your blog, and especially enjoy all your kayaking stories about Florida. I was captured by the photo, I have a friend in Ocala and always wanted to kayak Juniper Springs. Hopefully someday we will spend a winter in Florida and I will re read a lot of what you have written! Good luck on your house sale plans.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com