Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival

Every year, they have a 10 day Cherry Blossom Festival   in Macon, Georgia.  They have concerts, balls, games, fireworks, street parties, air balloons, parades, tour of homes and much more.  The star of the show though, is the Cherry Blossoms.

This year, it will be from March 19th through the 28th.  They have some 300,000 flowering Yoshino Cherry trees.  I have heard it rivals the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC.

Unfortunately, since we have been living in Georgia, it seems something comes up each year that keeps us from getting there.  One year, Al had just had his 2nd or 3rd (I forget) rotator cuff surgery.  One year, we had company.  One year, with my work schedule and the weather, we never quite made it.  I am determined to get there this year! 

We’ll see what happens…. I’m hopeful! 

Macon Georgia is straight up I-75, south of Atlanta.  It’s far enough we would need to spend the night.  We probably won’t bring the motor home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com