What a horrible day of devastation and destruction across the south. My heart goes out to all the people that were in the path of those deadly tornados. Alabama and parts of northern Georgia got hit very, very hard.
We are fine here, but did end up spending a little time in the Hidey Hole (tornado shelter). I am sure going to miss that when we move!
Our local weather forecasters said we should be on the tail end of the bad weather and our chance of anything severe was slim. However, we should stay on alert.
I get extremely nervous whenever any kind of weather is approaching and that is my greatest fear about our upcoming fulltiming lifestyle.
About 7 this morning, suddenly things changed and there was a possible tornado forming nearby. We scooted down to the tornado shelter and sat there for awhile. Nothing strong came and we headed back to the motor home.
As I type this, there is another tornado watch just south of us forming near Valdosta. We’re getting some thunder and lightning. I sure wish this would hurry and get over with.
These tornado outbreaks we’ve had this week have confirmed my theory to stay out of the southeast during the spring months. I believe we’ll stay in Florida until May. The south is just too unpredictable in the spring.
HOUSE SALE NEWS
Yesterday, I decided to rattle a few cages and see if I could get some info on the status of our house sale. I know this is how these things work, but it’s very difficult trying to move if you don’t know if it’s happening or not.
I don’t know if they are just blowing smoke to shut me up, but the mortgage broker said she is expecting the paperwork to be out of underwriting today and then they will send the appraiser. Of course I’ve heard that before. She is estimating our new closing date to be around May 20th. I expected our original May 6 closing date to be delayed, so it was good to hear that I was right. We can slow down a bit and take a breath. Of course we’re having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday, but after this week-end, we may take a day off!